Sunday, January 24, 2010

Going home...



-Written by Mollie

To nit we or goen back to canada on a plan at mid nit. we have to sta up from kenya. I am sad. I am goen to mes my Grampa and Grama. I am goen to mis Kenya a lot. It is goen to be fun on the ar plan. My two best things a bet Africa is the amivos and the pool.

-Written by Noah

Favorite Experiences
On this trip to Kenya, we had a lot of good experiences and a lot of hard times. My favorite experience was our Safari. We got to see many kinds of animals such as lions, rhinos, elephants, and a leopard! One of my hardest times was when we went tot he Embakasi Slum. I have never seen anyone so poor. We also had quite a few scary experiences too. One in particular scared us a lot. It was when we were coming back from Embakasi slum. Three men had got in the back of a big truck and threw a huge piece of metal out of the truck. Grandpa said they were going to steal it and sell it to someone, but they were caught red handed by the driver who came out with a sling shot! The piece of metal was too heavy to carry so they dropped it and ran! I can remember some funny times too. We were going to the Maasai Market. We all got into a matatu. Then the toute said we had to pay another 60 shillings. Dad said 'no' and we all got out. We flagged down another Matatu and we actually got to the Maasai Market.

-written by Anna
My favorite part of Africa
My favorite part of Africa is the safari with the animals. I'm glad I'm going home. I don't like Kenya as much as Canada. All I like is swimming pools, beach and suntanning. At the guest house, I like the big swing and tea time. What I don't like about Kenya is the driving. I am feeling happy about going home. So that is why I want to go home.

1 comment:

  1. YEEESSSS!!!! Your on your way home!! Can't wait to see you guys soon and hear about your great trip, with more pictures to go along!! We are coming up on the 10th of Feb and staying for a week or so, maybe we can come over to the island and see you....we shall see!! Safe travels, we'll be praying for you!
    P.S....Dana, I love your dress/shirt :)
    LOVE YOU ALL!!! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete