Friday, December 11, 2009

Mule Mania!




-written by Noah




We are in Africa! Tuesday we went to a village called Kimende. On the way there we passed a market. I challenged myself to count as many mules as I could. In the end I ended up with 53! We had to deliver 5 computers to the village. When we got to the village, everybody was waving at us like we were kings! We drove past all these shabby looking houses. The truck stopped and we all got out. We took the computers to the lab. People offered us to go to the museum. I expected it to be big, but it was just a clay room. There were amazing artifacts. There were clay pots and horns and many necklaces. Samuel was the museum operator. He talked for a long time and I got tired. I went to the washroom and all it was was a hole!!! There was poo and pee smeared all over. And there was no toilet paper. Finally Samuel stopped talking and he bought us a soda. I was freaked out when they asked me to stay. I had a lot of fun at the village.

3 comments:

  1. LOL!! Noah you crack me up!! Amazing the differences in our cultures!! Hope you guys are staying healthy and enjoying the experience...but not TOO much, we want to see you back home in a few months!! Love and hugs to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noah What a great story of your first African village experience!! I love you!
    Gran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi to you all! Noah, what a great, descriptive writer you are! Keep up the good stories ok? They are "filled with color"!

    Anna and Molly, you look so nice with your pancakes. Your Gran told me how happy you were to have pancakes on your first morning there.

    I know you'll all have a great experience with memories you'll have for a life time. love and hugs to you all - Betty

    ReplyDelete